Thursday, November 17, 2011

Being

I am super excited to officially start a blog. There are too many streams of "ah-hah" moments and creativeness trapped in my head that needed to come out. So here I am. Being.

Today as I was driving from Provo to Mapleton, I got thinking about the relationships I have with people. My peers, my family, God, my coworkers and I wondered if anybody viewed me how I want to be viewed. Are they viewing me as the person I think myself to be? So as to clarify who I want to be and how I want others to view me, here I go. I imagine I'll end up with an epitaph simliar to the ones they make you do in 5th grade. But better. Hopefully.


Who I am?
I am Leah.
Hair color: Brown
Height: 5' 1" (five one and a half if I'm feeling really good that day)
My greatest desire? To be better than I was the day before.
My biggest fear? Spiders... 2nd to failure.
When I fail, I beat myself up. At times, too much. And sometimes not enough. (I'm sorry to those I've tried to blame for my failures.)

I want to remembered as someone who...
1. Kept her cool in times of chaos (it's a work in progress)
2. Was an amazing school teacher. Almost nothing makes me more happy than receiving a poorly-spelled note from a first grader telling me I'm the best "supstatoot" teacher they've ever had!
3. Always tried to do her best. It's okay if I'm not remembered as the smartest girl, but as long as they knew I tried my best... This is who I want to be
4. Was always willing to give up oneself to do that which is needed of me. I guess there's one word for this. And that is sacrifice. And its antonym? Selfishness. I hope my name is never associated with selfishness. (This is also a work in progress.)

I guess after looking at this list, it doesn't matter how good my singing voice is (something I worry about way too much) or how perfect my make-up is that day (something I still can't seem to use correctly) or if I step in an ankle-deep puddle and ruin my favorite pair of shoes. All that matters is how I handle these situations day-to-day. This is being. And I love being.

Being ME

3 comments:

  1. What does Jed want to be? More like Leah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post too...being. You are so awesome and you are all those things and so much more than that too. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah! I am so glad I found your blog :) you are awesome and it will be fun to keep track of all your fun adventures via your blog! You are an awesome person and I love and miss you!
    Ps- my blog is private but I can invite you if you send me your email address on fb!

    ReplyDelete