Tuesday, November 22, 2011

You are never alone

On Sunday, Ammon was sick. Very sick. I learned the difference between gastroenteritis and influenza. Gastroenteritis is just another word for the stomach flu. Then there's influenza which is the actual flu we all think of when we hear the word,"flu." I'm pretty sure Ammon had gastroenteritis because he wasn't conjested and he didn't have a fever. Poor guy was throwing up all day. I'm glad it happened on a Sunday so I could take care of him. At the end of the night he texted me saying that he had herbal tea waiting for him at his apartment. His mom had texted Ammon's brother and Ammon's brother went and got him herbal tea. Ammon exclaimed in his text that he was grateful for all those people looking out for him!

This got me thinking. One of the worst feelings has got to be complete loneliness; like there's absolutely nobody to turn to. Then I got thinking about how God has never left me alone. He has blessed me with so many people throughout my life who have taken care of me. As I was thanking Heavenly Father for this in my prayers, the spirit touched me and I knew I was loved.

The next day, I got a text from my cousin and my brother. My cousin Amber said she couldn't wait to see me for Thanksgiving and my brother Taylor said I was an amazing sister. I know this wasn't a coincidence. They came just when I needed it. I am not alone. With God, I am never alone.

President Dieter F Uchtdorf said, "God sees you not only as a mortal being on a small planet who lives for a brief season—He sees you as His child. He sees you as the being you are capable and designed to become. He wants you to know that you matter to Him." I know this to be true!

Thank you Taylor and Amber and to anyone else who has ever taken care of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment