Tuesday, January 10, 2012

First day of School!

      

Yesterday was my first day back at school since July. Not July of last year, but the year before that. Hmm. What have I been doing? Well, I did go to China for a couple months. I did moved to Provo. I have been working really hard. Although those things were really fun and challenging, I must stay, it feels sooo good to be back at school! I forgot how much I enjoy sitting in a classroom listening to a teacher enthusiastically proclaim something he or she feels passionate about and then using my previous knowledge to see what connections I can make to all the new knowledge I'm now receiving! Okay, so it's only been 2 days. But hey! I get to be in school again. What a blessing! And already I've learned

  • about the hormones involved when we get stressed
  • that if you draw a pig at the top of the page, supposedly you're a postive person, and if the drawing of your pig is looking straight at yourself, then you like to play the devil's advocate!
  • about a little girl with dislexia that overcame her learning disability and is now a famous author!
  • that sometimes it's okay to be stressed because that's when we learn
  • about a website that will be helpful for me when I become a teacher                      
  • about challenging myself to be more comforable with being uncomfortable
I may not have made it into BYU provo, but I think UVU is where I'm supposed to be. It feels right. I love the atmosphere of diversity that UVU provides and getting to associate with all kinds of people. I hope to become good friends with a classmate who isn't a member and maybe share the gospel with them. And if not this semester, then during later semesters. And if not during later semesters, then some other time in my life. Whether it be academically, socially, or even spiritually, being where I am right now is preparing me for the future.

 Now go draw a pig and see what kind of person you are!http://www.uri.edu/volunteer/PDF/Pig_personality.pdf  




    

No comments:

Post a Comment